Location: Rocklin, California, USA
Salary: Salary commensurate with skills, knowledge, and experience
Care West Insurance Company Background
Formed in 1989, Care West Insurance Company became an admitted California insurance carrier licensed to write Workers’ Compensation insurance in 1996.
Today, Care West has grown to provide workers’ compensation insurance to safety-minded employers throughout California, and more recently Nevada, by working closely with a select group of independent brokers who understand the workers’ compensation needs of employers. We insure a broad range of employers across multiple industries, including healthcare, farming, winemaking, manufacturing, and human services.
This position requires in-depth experience as a risk control consultant, trainer, and department administrator.
The individual selected for this position will report to the Director of Underwriting and will be responsible for all loss control related services provided to policyholders.
The successful candidate will provide direction and quality control to third-party loss control contractors and oversee the provision of web-based resources for our policyholders and loss control vendors.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- CSP and ARM professional designations or the ability to obtain the designations.
- California drivers’ license with acceptable driving history.
- Strong risk management, science, engineering, and analytical skills and experience.
- An understanding of systematic structures and “Systems Theory.”
- Able to work with people of diverse cultures/backgrounds.
- Spanish language skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to travel safely throughout California and Nevada by personal car and commercial aircraft (estimated 5 to 10 days a month on the road).
- Proven ability to train employees, supervisors, and executives on a variety of risk management topics.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and the ability to learn proprietary computer programs.
- Proven problem solver with experience in “Root Cause” and “5 Why” accident investigation techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to monitor and uphold high-quality service standards of vendors.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory background check.
Application Process: Interested candidates should email their resume and references with a cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 2710
Rocklin, CA 95677
Please reference the position title in the subject line and include your contact name, phone number, and e-mail.
You are encouraged to visit the Care West Insurance Company website for more information.