EHS Specialist – HP Hood
Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
HP Hood’s culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
The union offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount program, retirement savings plan, advancement opportunities and more.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products include Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk and Milkshakes and more.
EHS professional position that provides technical and professional support services to operations. Designs and delivers training, performs job hazard analysis and performs workplace safety inspections. This is an on the floor (high visibility / floor presence) position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains facility training calendar and ensures training records are maintained per OSHA requirements. Facilitates applicable internal facility safety training using appropriate training materials (hands-on, PowerPoints, props, etc) as scheduled.
- Implements written EHS programs and company safety policies aligned with Federal & State requirements (ie, OSHA, EPA or the respective State agencies). Administer the local hearing conservation program per OSHA regulatory requirements. Maintains and administers the facility written contractor safety manual. Obtain/maintain an up to date knowledge of EHS standards and Workers’ Comp requirements.
- Works directly with plant leadership to ensure facility monthly safety inspections are being completed. Makes recommendations to remedy noted deficiencies.
- Provides internal support for workers’ compensation cases. Acts as facility safety contact for work comp claims questions, interfaces with insurance adjusters, medical professionals and injured workers.
- Provides hands-on guidance to facility managers & supervisors regarding incident reporting/investigation program to ensure company standards and process are met.
- Promotes a positive safety culture by developing and creating documents in Microsoft word, excel, power point to support positive employee communications and data delivery such as posters, mailings, and news regarding safety.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of a BA/BS degree in science, engineering or related discipline plus 1-4 years of related experience.
- Credentials as an OHST or ASP or other recognized certifications are a plus. Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, food & beverage is a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with ease
- Undertakes self-development activities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Uses time efficiently, has the ability to effectively prioritize multiple activities
- Strong written and verbal communication, demonstrates group presentation skills
- Manages difficult situations relating to safety, builds commitment to overcomes resistance
- Displays creativity, is innovative, generates ideas & suggestions for improving workplace safetyHP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disabled”VERVRAA Federal Contractor”
This position will be a Monday – Friday afternoon/evening position to cover swing and graveyard shift.