Sentry Insurance, a Mutual Company, is excited to share this new Loss Control Consultant opportunity which will be part of our Regional Business Segment expansion into the Pacific Northwest, with a new underwriting office opening in the Portland, OR area in early 2020. This office will work directly with appointed independent agencies in the region, with emphasis on a variety of middle market commercial business markets including manufacturing, construction, contracting, real estate, services and distribution. Initial service focus will be in the State of Oregon with travel to neighboring States as opportunities are pursued.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Portland area and able to conduct comprehensive safety and loss control assessments, providing our Underwriting team with a strong analytical opinion of risk to support our goal of profitable growth in the middle to large premium market segment. In addition, the successful candidate will develop close relationships with our agents and policyholders, conducting selected safety seminars and training, to build the value-added service that Sentry is known for.
We are searching for an individual who is passionate about consulting on safety and risk management practices and can work from home, with excellent organizational skills to effectively manage their territory. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that will build our Regional business from the ground-up in this new territory.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be responsible for scheduling and executing onsite consultations with selected prospects or existing clients. This includes researching markets, completing loss analysis and survey preparation, collecting pertinent risk information depending on coverages, and conveying safety recommendations to address loss causes or help improve the client’s accident prevention programs.
- Develop policies, programs and procedures for use by insured accounts in their safety/risk management plan. Advise on compliance gaps and be a technical resource for Sentry’s office staff and appointed agents.
- Coordinate and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs for insured and noninsured customers to promote understanding and awareness of risk/loss potential and reduce loss frequency/severity.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Four-year degree within Safety Services is preferred• Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred• 3-5 years of insurance safety consulting or safety work in a private industry (construction and manufacturing)• High level of independence, organization, and self-motivation to work from home• Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi location accounts preferred• Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT regulations• High level of verbal and written communication skills• Ability to learn use of specialized building valuation (MSB Express), diagramming and report software• Acceptable motor vehicle record for extensive travel (50%) including overnight travel• Desire to pursue professionals Safety designations including CSP and/or other designations
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first 8% of contributions
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
HOW YOU’LL APPLY
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so, if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
To view the opening: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_cqdED_e_K
WHO YOU’LL WANT TO CONTACT
Kaitlyn Ford at 715-346-8544
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.